Hate speech, prejudice, unethical messages, everything can be reported and will be evaluated by Discord. See below, how to report someone on discord procedures and information necessary for a faster evaluation by the platform.
How to report someone on Discord
To make a report to the team Trust and Safety from Discord some information is needed:
- Message Link: The link to the message being reported. If there are many messages, a sample of message links in a conversation is sufficient;
- User ID: it has between 17 or 18 digits that identify the user who needs to be reported. The ID is not the “username + Tag”. The username can be changed, but the ID cannot;
- Server ID (if required): If the complaint is about an entire server, the server ID is required.
To get the information, first, you will need to enable “developer mode” in Discord.
Report someone on Discord via PC
- Go to “User Settings” → “Appearance” and enable “Developer Mode”;
- Get the IDs;
Now, just send your report, explain the fact and enter the IDs that were saved. You must go to the page of contact of Trust and Safety, fill in the information and submit the complaint.
Report someone on Discord via mobile
If you’ve made the change from developer mode on your PC and access the same account on your mobile, you don’t need to do it again. It only needs to be done if the user uses Discord only on mobile. To do this, you must click on the profile and go to “Behavior” on Android or “Appearance” on iOS and activate.
- The IDs are collected by clicking on the accused’s photo and selecting the last option;
- Pressing on the server logo, then on the “3 dots” and going to the last option;
- By clicking and holding on the message to be reported, when opening the menu, select the last option.
After the IDs process is completed, the user must go to the same team link Trust and Safety and follow the procedures as on the PC.
Message deleted on Discord
For the investigation to be done smoothly, all IDs are required, once the attacker deleted the message, it no longer exists on the server. However, Discord encourages the report to be made in the same way, attaching screenshots of the screen containing the messages. Punishment becomes difficult, but not impossible.
Let’s make virtual environments the best possible. Now you know how to report someone on Discord. The user does not need to be offended or threatened for free, assert your rights. Good luck!
With information: discord
complaint Discord protection