How to put GIFs on Discord chat-Available on mobile and PC, Discord is a conversation-oriented application. As with other messengers, it is possible to enhance the chat with emojis, stickers and GIFs. Nitro users – paid modality within the platform – are also entitled to special features, such as including animated emojis. See below for different ways to use GIFs on Discord.
How to put GIFs on Discord chat
How to put post GIFs in Discord chat mobile
- Choose a GIF within Discord: The simplest way to use a GIF on Discord is to look it up in the Chooser within the app itself. Click on the icon on the right side of the text bar and find the ideal GIF. You can choose from pre-existing categories or search for a specific term;
- Send a GIF from your computer: drag the .gif file to the desired chat. He will appear directly in the conversation. If you prefer to upload the file manually, click on the “+” next to the text box;
- Send a GIF from the web: Copy GIF or URL and paste into Discord chat. Link preview will display the image as a native GIF.
how to add a gif to discord search-Add a new GIF in the GIF Picker
Discord doesn’t allow you to add GIFs to the Chooser, but there’s an easy way around this. You can bookmark them for easy access — that way they will be saved in the “Favorites” category. Follow the steps below:
- Hover over the GIF you want to favorite. It could be one that you sent yourself or that someone else sent;
- Click on the star in the upper right corner;
- When the star is filled, it means the GIF has been favorited. It will be available under the “Favorites” category within the GIF Picker. Favorite GIF on Discord (Image: Playback/Discord)
When you want to remove a GIF from your Favorites, just click on the star again.
Include animated emoji/GIF [Nitro]
Animated/GIF emojis are part of the benefits for Nitro users, a paid version of Discord. If you subscribe to nitro, the steps are these:
- Right click on the server icon and go to “Server Settings” > “Emoji”;
- Click the “Send emoji” button;
- Select the animated file.
How to put an avatar in GIF [Nitro]
As with animated emojis, GIF avatars are only available to those who are Nitro. If this is your case, follow the steps:
- Open Discord and go to “Settings” — it’s the gear icon on the right side of your user;
- Click on your photo to change avatar;
- Select the .gif file and wait for the upload to complete.