The messenger for communication Discord offers not only to correspond, but also to make streams, or communicate in voice channels. However, communication may not always be comfortable due to the appearance of failures.
So the notification on the screen that the route is not set in Discord is one of the most annoying problems. The fact is that it is quite difficult to determine its cause, so you will have to go through several possible options for solving it at once.
What does it mean that the route is not set in Discord and what are the reasons
Such a failure can be caused by various reasons, and such a problem is difficult to diagnose. Most often, it happens when you try to connect to the voice channel, which is displayed just above your nickname. From what messenger users write, there are several possible sources of the problem:
- Internet connection problems.
- The built-in firewall is blocked by the antivirus.
- The user uses a VPN to log in.
- Various server restrictions, including those from the administration.
- Discord has incorrect network settings.
This error indicates problems with the connection, and falls out mainly when trying to access the voice channel. It is akin to Discord glitches such as Connecting errors, Stuck RTC, and ICE Checking. It should be solved in stages, trying different approaches.
Note! The error associated with an unset route is often caused by failures in the Internet signal, or by a VPN blocker and antivirus software.
What to do if the route is not set in Discord
There are several ways to fix this error. Let’s start with the simplest solution, which can be quite successful. Just reboot all hardware: your PC, router/modem. Unplug them for a few minutes and plug them back in. If the error persists, move on to the next method. Disable your firewall and whitelist your program. To disable protection temporarily, follow these steps:
- Call the command execution window by pressing the keyboard shortcut Win+R.
- In line “Open” enter appwiz.cpl.
- Click the button “OK”.
- Find all installed protection programs in the list that opens.
- Remove them from the system.
- Reboot your device and check if Discord works.
The error can also be caused by using VPN, which is used without the UDP protocol. The messenger does not provide such a technical possibility. So just turn off the VPN and check if the error is gone.
Another effective technique is to disable advanced options in Discord itself. To do this, you should go to the user settings, then do the following:
- Select a section from the side menu “Voice and Video”.
- A window with settings will open.
- Scroll down until you reach “Quality of service”.
- Switch “Enable High Package Quality of Service Priority” move to position “Disabled”.
This option to disable QoS (Quality of Service) in user settings worked in about 10% of cases. Perhaps this problem appears on equipment that does not meet modern communication standards.