How to change a forgotten password in Discord Online-Access to the personal account of the Discord messenger is carried out through authorization in it on the login page. For this, a username and a password are used. In the case of a login, everything is simple, it is your email or phone number.
But the code combination is not always possible to remember. We will tell you how to change the password in Discord if you forgot your data, whether it is possible to restore old information, and how the security key changes in this software.
How to change the password in Discord if you forgot: step by step instructions
When registering in the application for communication, the user has to specify a number of mandatory data. In the future, they will help out when restoring the security key. These are the following:
- E-mail address.
- Date of Birth.
In addition, you will have to come up with a password to enter, which will serve as a kind of key for this virtual door. If you forgot the secret combination, you need to take a number of actions.
Loss of login data will not become an obstacle to further access to your account, everything can be restored. To change your Discord password on your computer, follow these simple steps:
- Follow this link https://discord.com/login.
- Enter your email address or mobile phone number. This is a required field, without it further steps are not available.
- Click on a line “Forgot your password?”.
- Complete the captcha to verify that you are human.
- If you have specified a mobile number, enter the code received in SMS in the field of the new screen that opens.
- If you entered the email address, go to not, and follow the link received in the letter from Discord.
- In both cases, you will be taken to a page to change your password.
- Enter a new combination and confirm it twice.
When you enter a new password, you will need to log in with the updated data. Thus, you changed the Discord password, and you have a new one – save it, or write it down.
How to Change Discord Password on Mobile
Data recovery from a personal account is also available through a smartphone on which you have a mobile application installed. In this case, you will have to use the application and access the mailbox from your phone. To change the Discord password on a phone that you forgot, follow these steps:
- Touch the application icon, wait for the download.
- On the authorization form, click on the active link Forgot your password.
- Enter your e-mail in the mail address field.
- Open your mailbox, find the letter from Discord, and open it.
- Follow the link in it to a page where you will be prompted to enter a new security key.
- Create and set a new password for your messenger account.
There is also two-factor authentication here, if a mobile number is attached to the profile. Then you can specify it to change the password, wait for the SMS, and enter the five-digit code in the field on the screen. After that, you will have to change the password so that the next time there are no problems accessing your account.