Discord on PS4-is a popular voice chat among gamers, but it doesn’t have a native version for consoles, like PS4. Even so, it is possible to use some “gambiarras” to connect the app to the video game and chat with friends while playing. See how to use Discord on PS4 below.
How to Use get discord on ps4
As Discord is not native to the ps4 discord, there is no official way to connect the Sony console and the chat app, but it is possible to use alternative methods, which work around the limitations of both.
There are at least two ways to use Discord with the PS4. Let’s see what they are:
when is discord coming to ps4
Method 1: headset + mixamp
A simple way to use Discord on PS4 is with a headset and mixamp kit, an accessory that mixes sound from two different sources, in this case the PS4 and the PC. It connects the console, the PC and the headset, which will play the audio from both sources.
Devices like the ASTRO A40 TR headset, which comes with the Mixamp Pro TR (above), are ideal for using Discord with the PS4, but there’s a catch: a kit like this isn’t cheap.
You will also need a P2 male/male cable and an optical audio cable.
To use Discord on PS4, do the following:
- Connect the optical audio cable to the mixamp;
- Connect the other end of the cable to the PS4’s optical port;
- On the console, go to “Settings”, “Sound and Display”, “Audio Output Settings”, “Main Output Port”;
- Select the option “DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL)” and confirm;
- On the mixamp, leave the mode switch in the “PC” position;
- Connect the mixamp to the computer via USB port;
- Connect the P2 male/male cable to the P2 port of the mixamp and the sound output of the computer;
- Open Discord, click on “Settings”, “Voice and Video”;
- Under “Input Device”, select the mixamp;
- In “Output Device”, select PC sound;
- Connect the headset to the mixamp.
Does PlayStation have discord
Method 2: PS4 Remote Play
The second way to use Discord on PS4 is with PS Remote Play, the app that lets you stream your PS4 or PS5 screen to a computer or cell phone. On PC or Mac, you can use the app together with Discord without too many problems.
- On PS4, go to “Settings”, “Connection Settings for Remote Play”;
- Check the box “Enable remote use”;
- Go to “Add device” and dial the number that appears on the screen;
- On PC or Mac, go to discord on playstation.com/pt-br/remote-play/, download and install PS Remote Play;
- Connect the DualShock 4 controller to the computer, via cable or Bluetooth (required);
- Open the app, log in with your PSN account, click on “PS4” and then on “Manually link”;
- Enter the number displayed on the PS4 screen and the console screen will appear on the PC;
- Connect the headset to the computer;
- Open Discord and join a voice chat.
With this, you will be able to play on PS4 from PC and use Discord at the same time.