How to set the time in Telegram? Set the correct settings in Android and iOS phone or computer settings. To do this, go to the settings and select the automatic selection of the time zone. At the same time, the algorithm of actions is very similar for all devices. Below we will consider why the messenger may show incorrect data, and how to quickly set it up.
Why Telegram has the wrong time
First, let’s figure out why Telegram shows the wrong time. Incorrect display is often associated with failures in the parameters of the device from which the user accesses the Internet. In order for the messenger to issue the correct time parameters, you need to configure these indicators on your phone, PC, laptop or other device where the program is installed.
There are several reasons why the Telegram shows the wrong time. Consider the main ones:
- Automatic time zone detection failed.
- Loss of Internet or access to Wi-Fi.
- Error in manual parameter entry or no data saving.
- System failure in Android or iOS mobile device.
- Incorrect determination of the location by GPS, turning off geolocation, changing time zones in offline mode, blocking the location, etc.
- Discharge of the BIOS battery on the PC.
- Problems of the messenger itself.
Above are the main reasons why Telegram has a different time. In this case, most often the problem occurs due to changing the SIM card, resetting to factory settings or reinstalling the OS. In such cases, it is better to configure the settings from scratch and make sure that they are displayed correctly in the messenger.
How to set time in Telegram
Now let’s deal with the main point – how to set the time in Telegram so that it is displayed correctly in the messenger. As noted, here the approaches differ depending on the type of equipment, be it a mobile device or a computer.
How to set up on Android
Most often, questions arise on the Internet how to set the time in Telegram on Android. Here the algorithm of actions is as follows:
- Click on the item Settings.
- Go to Advanced settings
- Go to section Date and…
- Check mark Autotune. On older Android OS, check the box Online, select Automatic time zone. If you are not connected to the Internet, manually set the time zone settings based on your current location.
The user himself can configure the temporary settings, but it is better to use network data, because they cannot reset themselves. When roaming, it is better to use geolocation via WiFi. A person must be sure that he did not mess up anything and will not be late for an important event.
How to set up on iPhone
Now let’s look at how to change the time in Telegram on iPhone. Here the algorithm of actions is almost the same as that discussed above. Go to section Date and…and then click the Automatically when connected to the Internet or by time zone button.
Please note that the iPhone may not show the correct data if it is a Chinese fake. In this case, other parameters may not work or function incorrectly. Most often, this version of the smartphone has to be “finished” from the masters.
How to set up on a computer
The next question is how to change the time in Telegram on a computer. To solve this problem, take the following steps:
- Click on the button Start bottom left.
- Enter the setup section (gear symbol).
- Go to item Time and language.
- Go to parameter Date and…
- Move the radio button to the Automatic time setting / time zone section.
- Click on the button Synchronize.
- Enter the Region section and make sure that you have the correct data set.
For older versions of Windows, do the following:
- Click on the PC clock, which is located at the bottom right.
- Click on the blue link below the clock.
- Select tab Internet time.
- Check the box for notification of the clock change.
- Click Change settings and sync to the server.
- Go online and check your watch.
Now you know how to set the time in Telegram on a computer or phone. After completing the above steps, restart the device and make sure that the information is displayed correctly. In the comments, tell us what difficulties you had in setting the clock “clock” problems, and how you managed to solve them in Telegram.