It is possible that at some point in your life you have forgotten your discord password. No matter how hard you try to enter, you keep getting that fatal message: The password does not match. Then you start to sweat because all your chats, your servers and friends will no longer be accessible and you see that there is no solution. Fortunately, in Discord Fanatics we are here to help you and in this small guide we will teach you how recover a Discord account if you forgot your password.
I forgot my Discord password
The problem appears when we write our email correctly, but the password is not correct. When clicking on Start Session, a message immediately appears in red letters that tells us that the password does not match.
This means that we will not be able to access our Discord account until we type the password correctly or change it to a completely new password.
How to recover Discord password
If you forgot your Discord password, the only way to get into your account is to change or create a new password. For that you must have at hand the email you used to sign up for Discord and follow the steps given below.
Change or create new Discord password
In the event that you do not remember your password or password, the option would be to change it or create a new. To do that, perform the following steps:
- Open the Discord app on your web browser or mobile phone
- Go to the login page and enter your email that you used to sign up for Discord.
- Click on the message in blue letters that says: Have you forgotten the password?
- Immediately a small pop-up will appear telling us that they have sent the instructions to change the password to the email we used to register in the application.
- Logically, the next step is to check your email inbox and read the message that Discord sent us. The message contains a button that will allow us to reset the password. We click on it.
- Now it will take us to a page where we must enter the new password. Once written, we click on Change Password from Discord.
- After that, the Discord app will open, confirming the change and ready for you to use again.
What to do if you forgot your registration email
In the same section of log inoffers us the option to do it through email or a cell phone number (if you have registered one when creating an account on Discord).
- Instead of entering your email, enter your cell phone number and click Have you forgotten the password?
- Complete the captcha by clicking the box next to the phrase «I’m human«.
- If your mobile phone is in the Discord database, you will receive a text message with a 6 digit code that you must enter to continue with the procedure. If you didn’t register your mobile number, the code will never reach you.
If you haven’t registered a cell phone number and you don’t have access to the email you registered with on Discord, what you can do is try to discover the correct email.
- Head over to the Discord login page.
- Enter an email address of yours and check your inbox to see if the email from Discord arrived with the instructions to change your password. Even check your spam or junk mail folder. If nothing arrived, you can continue trying with another email you have.
- Keep doing this until you get the email you registered with and the Discord email with the instructions to follow.
That’s all you have to do to recover a Discord account if you forgot your password. I recommend that you save your new password in a notepad or write it down on a piece of paper so you don’t forget it. For any question you can do it by writing in the comments.