O NOTE is one of the most versatile and complete streaming programs, and with it you can add the audio of the chat discord in your broadcasts. However, sometimes it is necessary to mute the channel during the video, as it is not always possible to control other people. Learn below how to mute Discord in OBS.
What is OBS?
OBS, from Open Broadcast Software, is a program for streaming from the computer to an online platform, such as Youtube, Twitch, Facebook Gaming and others. As it is free and open source, it is one of the most powerful in its category, does not limit any type of resource and has versions for Windows, macOS and Linux.
However, OBS is one of the least friendly capture and streaming programs for first-time users, due to its unintuitive interface (common in open source programs) and a multitude of fine-tuning.
On the other hand, the software is supported by a large community, and once the player learns to use it, he won’t need to use any other competitors.
OBS supports integrating a stream into Discord’s voice chat, allowing gaming friends or followers to join streams. However, in some cases it is necessary to mute the channel, for example when someone in the messaging app starts yelling or saying something they shouldn’t.
Luckily, OBS has tweaks that allow you to mute your Discord chat.
How to mute Discord in OBS
First of all, you need to add Discord voice chat as an audio source in the stream. Do the following:
- Open a voice chat on Discord;
- Open OBS and in “Sources”, click the “+” button;
- Click on “Output Audio Capture”;
- Select “Reuse existing” and click on “Desktop audio”;
- Click “OK”;
- Click on “File”, “Settings” and click on the Audio tab”;
- Under “Desktop Audio” or “Desktop Audio 2”, select the option you use to listen to Discord chat, such as speakers or headphones, and confirm.
Once this is done, the Discord chat will be played in the broadcast. To change it, do the following:
- In the OBS Audio Mixer, identify the channel referring to the Discord audio chat;
- Click on the speaker icon;
- The icon will change to red color and the audio will be muted;
- It is also possible to adjust the volume in the chat with the slider.
With information: The Techy Info, OBS Knowledge Base.