How to make sure that Telegram does not save files to the phone and does not take up a huge amount of gigabytes of memory? An excellent question that requires detailed consideration – we are ready to share our observations with you.
How to make Telegram not save files to your phone Disable saving
How to make Telegram not save files to your phone On iPhone
Let’s try to figure out how to make Telegram not save files to the iPhone. The option that will be discussed below is designed to disable the upload of photos!
- Open messenger;
- Click on the settings gear on the bottom panel on the right;
- Find the “Data and memory” section;
- Go to the “Others” block;
- Find the “Save received photos” tab and expand it.
Inside you will find a small menu – four items:
- Other private chats
You can make Telegram not save data in memory – and each group is configured separately. Just adjust the toggle switches opposite the names. If the switch is set to the green position, the option is activated. If the toggle switch is highlighted in gray, the save function for this category is disabled.
We were able to disable saving photos in Telegram at the program level. Now it is worth discussing how the cache works. This is a special storage where all media data from all chats, groups and channels gets. Data is stored for fast application operation and instant loading!
You can disable saving to the cache – thereby reducing the load on the device and freeing up space. In this case, the files will not be deleted, at any time you can re-upload only the necessary videos or photos:
- Staying in the “Data and Memory” section, find the “Memory Usage” tab;
- On the “Keep files” scale, turn the toggle switch to the “Three days” position. After this period, unviewed data will be deleted from the device;
- Go to the “Maximum cache size” scale and select the minimum value “5 GB”. This will automatically clear media data when the limit is reached.
By the way, there is a clear cache button below – it will come in handy right now! Be prepared to wait a few minutes.
How to make Telegram not save files to your On Android
Now let’s move on to another question – what to do so that Telegram does not save files to an Android phone?
- Log into the application;
- Click on the three bars at the top left and go to settings;
- Find the “Chat Settings” tab;
- Find the “Save to Gallery” button and move the toggle switch opposite to the inactive position.
The first step has been taken! Unnecessary videos and photos will not be uploaded immediately to the device gallery. You won’t believe how much space you can save with just the push of a button.
The next step is to figure out how to disable saving files in the cache in Telegram. Grab your Android and let’s get started!
- Go back to app settings;
- Find the “Data and Memory” tab.
- Proceed by analogy with iPhone – choose a minimum storage period, set a cleaning limit and start deleting data right now!
They told how to make Telegram not save photos and videos to the phone. If you want to free up device memory, improve its performance and just get rid of unnecessary media, our tips will come in handy! Do not litter your device with unnecessary photos and videos, it is better to store only important and useful data.