Do you use Discord on your desktop or mobile devices? Do you have video game consoles? Did you know that you can use Discord on your PlayStation 4? Although it sounds incredible, it is true. Do you want to know how? You follow the steps in this guide because after reading it you will be able to link, connect and install Discord on PS4.
With a wide variety of games available for PS4, Discord is the perfect way to keep in touch with other gamers. It is the quintessential voice and text chat application used by gamers. So, if you want to talk, build strategies or anything else, while you play some games on your Play, follow these steps.
- 1 Can I connect my Discord account to PS4?
- 2 Connect Discord on PS4
- 3 Problems that can arise when connecting Discord on PS4
- 4 How to join a PS4 party chat on PC
- 5 Frequent questions
- 5.1 Is Discord on PS4?
- 5.2 Can Discord be downloaded on PS4?
- 5.3 Does PS4 have Discord?
- 5.4 Can you join a PS4 Chat Party on PC?
- 5.5 How can I access my PS4 activity on Discord?
- 5.6 Can I talk on Discord on PS4?
- 5.7 I don’t hear any audio on my headphones. How can i fix this?
- 5.8 How can I share my PS4 screen on Discord?
Can I connect my Discord account to PS4?
Before answering the question, we must first clarify that Discord is not officially compatible with PS4. For a long time, users sent requests to the application developers to solve this problem, but apparently they were not listened to. Fortunately, there is a trick to start Discord on PlayStation 4 and it is precisely the one we are going to use.
So, answering the question, of course, if you have a Discord account on any other platform, it is possible to connect to PS4 simply by logging in. And for that, we are going to help ourselves with the trick that we will see next.
For that we must configure the console and have at hand some things or equipment necessary to carry out the configuration.
- A headset with an optical cable and that supports a USB connection. Take, for example, at A40 TR headset.
- An audio mixer or Mixamp to control and switch audio between PS4 and PC. you can use the Astro Gaming Mixamp Pro TR.
- 3.5mm male male, 3.5mm Aux Splitter and 3.5mm to 3.5mm with volume cables
Connect Discord on PS4
Once we have the necessary equipment, the first step is to register (if we have not already done so) and log in to Discord. Apply the following steps to link Discord on PS4:
- Open a Discord account on devices like PC or mobile. Fill in the email, username and password to register.
- From your PS4open the Web navigator.
- In search type Discord and access the application page. In it, log in by filling in the username and password data (the ones you used in the registration).
How to Setup Discord on PS4
With all this ready, it was time to configure Discord and your PS4 to connect with you Mixamp. To do this, follow the steps outlined below.
- Turn on your PlayStation 4
- Connect the optical cable between Mixamp Pro TR and PS4 to switch audio. You must make sure that the Mixamp is in console mode. If everything is correct, the headset will be assigned as a USB device. The confirmation message will appear as a notification on your PS4 screen.
- Go to the part of Setting (Settings) of your PS4. locate the option Sound and Screen (Sound and Screen).
- Go to Sound and Display and select Audio output settings (Audio Output Settings).
- You will see two options: Primary output port (Primary Output Port) and audio format (AudioFormat). Select Primary Output Port and change it to Optical or Departure Digital (Digital Out). We recommend that you select the Dolby 5.1 channel.
- Now go to audio format and select bit stream (Dolly).
- Go back to Setting (Settings) and select in Devices (Devices)
- Open Audio Devices
- You must ensure that the Output to Headphones is set to audio chat.
- The next step is to turn on your PC
- Connect one end of the USB cable to Mixamp and use the other end to connect to PC. You have to make sure Mixamp is in PC mode, otherwise it won’t work.
- Open Discord on your PC and go to Settings, select voice option and change the input device to the headset you are using.
- Please use the recommended connector, 3.5mm audio jack and run it from your PC speaker.
- go back to the voice option in Discord and change the output device to your PC speakers.
And voila with this you managed to link, connect and install Discord on your PS4. You just have to try and talk with your friends through the application, while playing on your console at the same time.
Problems that can arise when connecting Discord on PS4
A problem or inconvenience that may arise when link Discord on PS4 is that you won’t be able to listen to other audio being played on your computer. This is because PlayStation gets the main audio from Mixamp Pro TR.
But do not be angry or worry, there is a solution and it is quite simple. What you need to do is connect the 3.5 to 3.5mm cable into the speaker port of your PC and the AUX port on your Mixamp Pro TR. Lastly, change the output device to Speakers. This should fix your problem and have everything in the correct order.
How to join a PS4 party chat on PC
Play Station party chat is an amazing feature that allows gamers to connect with their friends and chat comfortably. It makes your gaming experience more fun and interactive.
What is PlayStation party chat?
PlayStation party chat is a feature of Discord for PS4 that allows users to connect and voice chat with their friends. The fascinating thing is that you can make use of this feature during the game or using another application.
Sounds like fun? Here are the steps required to join PS4 party chat on PC.
- Sign in with your psn account on PS4 Remote Play.
- Turn on your PS4 device.
- Connect to the Party chat feature on your PC
- Runs the Remote Play program in the background.
Is Discord on PS4?
YES. Discord is available on PS4. Simply by logging into your Discord account from the PS4 web browser.
Can Discord be downloaded on PS4?
No, you can’t download it to your console, but you can link your account through the Discord app.
Does PS4 have Discord?
Discord is not officially available for PS4 yet, but you can access it by logging into the Discord app through the PS4 web browser.
Can you join a PS4 Chat Party on PC?
Yes, it is possible to join a PS4 Party chat on PC, but you have to follow the proper steps. In a nutshell, you have to download the Remote Play app and run it in the background.
How can I access my PS4 activity on Discord?
There is an app called Playstation Discord, which is a third party application. If you download and use it, you will be able to see your PS4 activity on Discord.
Can I talk on Discord on PS4?
After downloading Discord for PS4, you have to meet the stated requirements to use discord on PS4, and you are good to go. You will then be able to chat via audio and video while you play.
I don’t hear any audio on my headphones. How can i fix this?
Make sure the MixAmp is connected to your PC with a 3.5mm male-to-male cable and the output device is set to the port the MixAmp is connected to.
If the audio issues persist, please make sure your Playstation’s audio settings are also set to the correct parameters shown above.
You can use the Remote Play feature to stream video from your PS4 to a computer. Then you can share the screen of the Remote Play window on the computer with Discord.
Recommendation: How to fix Discord Error 502 Bad Gateway
Fortunately with the steps described, you already know how to link Discord on PS4 and you will be able to enjoy the application on your console. I know that the method can be complicated, if you have any questions you can ask us in the comments.