The solutions that we offer below are simple enough to be carried out without inconvenience or wasting too much time. Of course, make sure you follow the instructions carefully.
- 2.1 Solution 1: Delete temporary Discord files
- 2.2 Solution 2: Change the startup type of the Quality Windows Audio Video Experience service
- 2.3 Solution 3: Run Discord without administrator permissions
- 2.4 Solution 4: Reinstall Discord
- 2.5 Solution 5: Close all Discord processes
- 2.6 Solution 6: Install Discord Test Builds
- 2.7 Solution 7: Use the browser version of Discord
- The Discord app or its settings are corrupted. The solution in this case is to reset the settings or reinstall the program.
- The Quality Windows Audio Video Experience service is not running. This service is essential for the execution of the application, since they are closely linked with the functionality of Discord. The solution is to make sure it starts automatically.
- Discord is being run with admin permissions. This can cause problems, so it is recommended to remove the run as administrator.
TIP: Why am I not hearing anyone on Discord or being heard?
Solution 1: Delete temporary Discord files
Like most programs, Discord It continuously stores temporary data on your PC to help it run as efficiently as possible. However, sometimes those temporary files can get corrupted and interfere with the working of the program. In order for Discord to work properly when booting with your system, these specific files need to be removed.
- Start by closing Discord via the Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL)
- Then open the window Runwith the key combination Windows + R
- A small run window will appear, type the following command %appdata% and click To accept.
- A window with multiple folders should appear, find and select Discord, right click and delete it. Once this is done, reopen the window. Run.
- This time, write %Localappdata% in the same field and click To accept.
- Once again, look for the folder Discordselect it, right click and delete it.
- Now download the latest version of Discord and start the installation procedure.
Solution 2: Change the startup type of the Quality Windows Audio Video Experience service
- Open the window of Run with the key combination Windows + R. Writes services.msc and click To accept.
- Locate the Quality Windows Audio Video Experience service in the list (Windows audio and video quality experience), right click on it and select Properties.
- If the service is started (you can check it right next to the service status message), you need to stop it by clicking the button Stop in the center of the window. Anyway, run it again by clicking the button Start.
- Make sure that in the option start typein the properties window, is set to Automatic. Confirm any dialog boxes that may appear when changing the startup type.
Solution 3: Run Discord without administrator permissions
Sometimes Discord works better when running on one account no admin permissions. So we will proceed to deactivate it when starting the application.
- Locate the executable Discord and change its properties by doing right click on its icon (either on the Desktop, in the Start menu, etc.), and choose Properties.
- Go to the tab Compatibility and uncheck the box next to the Run this program as an administrator option. Confirm any dialog that appears and click Apply and To accept.
- This should launch Discord without admin privileges from now on. To test, open the app by double-clicking on its icon and check if the error is gone.
TIP: How to Disable Discord AutoStart?
Solution 4: Reinstall Discord
- As the popular modern adage goes, the reliable old woman. If a program fails, a classic option is to reinstall. This solution may be generic, but it is vital for the operation of each application.
- Click on the start menu and open the Control Panel. Here, select in Uninstall a program. Locate Discord and click uninstall. The uninstall wizard should open, offering you the option to “completely remove Discord from your computer”. Choose “Yes.” Click Finish when the uninstall process is complete.
- Once Discord is uninstalled, open the window Runwrites %appdata% and click To accept. In the new window, locate the Discord folder and delete it.
- reopen the vein Runwrites %localappdata% and click OK. In the new window, locate the Discord folder and delete it.
- Now head over to the official Discord website and download the latest version and proceed to install it on your computer.
Recommendation: How to Fix Discord No Route Error
Solution 5: Close all Discord processes
Another alternative is to close all processes from the Task Manager and we will try to install Discord again. Discord has been known to fail your install if you have parallel processes running beforehand. The only way to counteract this is to stop the application processes in Task Manager.
- Press Windows + R to open the window Runwrites taskmgr and press To accept.
- Once in the task manager, find all the Discord processes, click on them and select Finish homework.
- Proceed to uninstall Discord from the Control Panel.
- Follow the steps described in the Solution 1 when it comes to folders Local Data and AppData.
- Open the command prompt by pressing the keys Windows + X and type the following command: gpupdate / force and press the key enter.
Solution 6: Install Discord Test Builds
Solution 7: Use the browser version of Discord
- You can access the Discord Browser from the official link here: Discord Online.