Many times we install applications that as soon as we turn on our computer they open or even give us annoying ads that we do not want to receive for what we are looking for any possible way to change this setting.
But we can’t always find the solution to our problem, since it usually isn’t completely solved, but don’t worry, here I’ll explain how to stop it from starting any more without you wanting it, saving you a lot of hassle.
And it is very annoying that they start automatically because they ask for updates and other things that make our computer start slowly, causing most computer problems.
So it is better to disable the automatic start of Discord in Windows among other applications and that is what we will learn to do. Of course this does not mean that they will stop working nor that we will have to uninstall them, but that they will only start when you want to open them without opening by themselves.
A positive aspect of Windows 10 is that an operating system that can be customized so that we can adapt it according to our usage needs. This is where the automatic start configuration comes in, specially designed for the user’s convenience, but in less powerful computers it feels when you turn on the computer, even causing you to lose performance on the computer, having to access other types of settings so that the Windows computer us go even faster as it is explained by the configuration of the link.
How to stop Discord from starting automatically on Windows?
- The first thing you will have to do is open the task manager. To be able to do this you will have to open your specific search engine or cotana to search for them on your computer.
- Once you click on the application you will have to go to the window with the applications that are currently open and what we have to do is press more details is the upper part of the window on the left.
- Once opened you will notice that there are now many more options available.
- In this and the one you should look for is start because it is the option that interests us now that you can find in the tabs above.
- You will notice that there are quite a few apps that Discord relies on. And you will simply have to toggle on the top state (enable or disable).
- To be able to perform this action you will have to right click where I can open a mini drop-down menu in which you must give the ‘Disable’ option.
How to disable Discord autostart?
The method we used in the above It is used to deactivate all the applications that start automatically as soon as you turn on your computer. These applications can cause your computer to become less efficient and slower, so if these applications are not essential, it is best and most recommended to disable them.
If what you want is to prevent Discord from starting as soon as you turn on the computer then follow the instructions below:
- Open the Discord app
- Then click on the gear icon at the bottom left of the screen.
- The next thing will be to give the sidebar in Windows setting Windows settings.
- The first option is to open Discord, which is what we are interested in, you will notice that there is a switch which you will adjust, if you move the switch in gray it will not start automatically when you turn on the computer.
This is all you need to be able to disable the automatic start of this app. very easy right? now every time you start the computer the program will not run unless you need it, to start chatting with your friends without problems unless you have other problems. Do you have other problems with Discord? The application does not open? Or do you not listen to your friends in the application? You should visit the links to solve the problems.
Don’t have a Discord account?
Don’t worry, I’ll explain how to create an account on Discord. The first thing will be to open the application and use the create or register option where you will be located to create your new account.
- The first option is email or you can also use a phone number.
- Then what you will do is fill in the details with a username and password in this they will give you the instructions.
- Among other options is that you must confirm that you are not a robot in a test.
- Then they will send you a confirmation message to your email or phone and once you receive it, resend it to complete the registration.