The audience that uses the Discord messenger on a computer is quite extensive. To do this, the application is downloaded to the PC, registration in it. Text correspondence can take up too much space, and most of it is no longer relevant. In this article, we will tell you how to delete messages in Discord in PM, and we will give several ways. You can choose one of them based on your own needs.
How to delete messages in the Discord LAN: step by step instructions
If you communicate a lot in the messenger chat, then over time it will overflow with personal messages. It is possible to clear this data, such functionality is provided in the browser version. To quickly delete messages, use a method that is suitable for spot deletion:
- Open one and chats in which you need to clean up the information.
- Hold down a key on the keyboard shift.
- Highlight the text cursors of the message to be deleted.
- Click on the pop-up window with the delete icon.
- The text will be removed.
If you do not release the key shift, then in this way you can select several texts at once. After that, through the pop-up window, you can delete them at once.
Note! You can only delete your own messages, those that the interlocutor wrote, you will not be able to delete.
Another way to delete messages in Discord in PM is even easier. However, we will warn you right away – he will restore all correspondence as soon as one of the interlocutors writes a message to another. To uninstall using this method, follow these simple steps:
- On the main page of the messenger, click on the first icon from the top on the left panel.
- You will go to the list of dialogues with all your interlocutors.
- Select the chat you want.
- Hover over it.
- A button will appear in the form of a cross, click on it.
- Deleting messages does not require confirmation.
Features of permanently deleting private messages in Discord
The standard messenger option does not allow you to completely clear personal correspondence. But there is an option to remove them one by one, which guarantees 100% removal from the dialog. This method takes a lot of time, but it also gives an excellent result, and messages cannot be restored. To apply it, do the following:
- Select a section with a list of dialogs.
- Click on the chat you want to clear.
- Hover your cursor over any message in it.
- An icon with three dots will appear on the screen, click on it.
- In the context menu, select “Delete message”click on it.
- Confirm the deletion confirmation.
Then be patient and repeat this procedure with each text from the chat. As a result, you will have a clean page of correspondence with this user.
How to block a buddy to delete messages
You can go for more drastic measures. First, delete the personal texts in the correspondence one by one, and then completely block the user. Although the first part can be skipped. Blocking a user clears the chat with him. In order to delete messages in Discord through blocking, apply the ready-made algorithm:
- Go to the chat with the user.
- Click on his profile.
- The account information will be displayed.
- Click on the three dots to bring up a menu with additional actions.
- Click on the item “Block”.
A notification about adding the interlocutor to the black list will appear on the screen. Close the conversation with him by clicking on the chat icon in the drop-down menu in the form of a cross.