How to delete a server in Discord –Deleting a server on Discord is an easy task that takes just a few steps — as long as you own it, of course. You can do this from the mobile and desktop app, but if two-factor authentication is enabled, you will need to enter a code before completing the action.
Follow this tutorial on how to delete a server in discord.
Delete Discord Server-How to delete a server in Discord
You can opt-out via the mobile app or desktop.
How to delete a discord server by Desktop
- Open Discord on your computer and click on the server you want to delete;
- Click on his name in the upper left corner and go to “Server Settings”;
- Click on “Delete Server”, the last option on the left menu;
- Select once again the option “Delete server” to confirm;
- If two-factor authentication is enabled, you will have to enter a code. You can use an app like Google Authenticator to generate it.
- Ready! The server will be deleted and will no longer appear on Discord.
How to delete a discord server for Android and iOS
- Open the Discord app on your mobile device;
- Tap on the name of the server you want to delete;
- A pop-up window will open — tap on “Settings”, the gear icon;
- Go to “Overview”;
- Scroll the screen until you reach “Delete server”;
- Tap “Yes” to confirm;
- If two-factor authentication is enabled, enter the six-digit code. You can use an app like Google Authenticator or Authy to generate it.
After that, the server will be permanently deleted and will no longer appear to users.
How to transfer the server to another member
If you don’t want to own the server but don’t want to delete it, you can pass it on to another Discord member. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open Discord on your computer or cell phone;
- Enter the desired server and click (or tap) its name;
- Open “Server Settings” and instead of choosing “Delete server”, go to “Members”;
- You will see a list of all members. Select the three dots next to the name of the person you want to transfer the server to;
- Click or tap “Transfer”.