Between messaging platforms such as Telegram, Messenger we also found Discord which over time are more users who want to join.
Discord it is more used by those people who play online. And this has something that differentiates it from other messaging platforms and that is that it has a Premium version.
However, there are other users who they are considering how to delete their account either for various reasons, if you are one of those who want to delete the Discord account in this article we will tell you what you should do.
Why is it better to disable Discord than remove it completely?
In Discord, like other social networks like Facebook, Instagram, you have the possibility to disable your account or delete it, If you’re thinking of deleting your Discord account before you take the next step, here’s why we think disabling your account is much better.
- The first reason is that by disabling your Discord account, you have the possibility to recover itthat is to say that you can activate it again whenever you want.
- By Disabling the Discord account, you will stop receiving notifications. Although the friend requests will continue to come to you, and When you reactivate Discord, these requests will appear.
- It should be noted that if you go down the path of deleting the account there will be no going back, that is, you will not be able to recover it.
If you are one of those people who think you can use Discord again over time, then the best option for you is to disable the account. If you want to know how to deactivate a Discord account, it is very simple and you must follow the following steps.
- You need to open the app or if you just head over to the web version of Discord.
- Log in to your account as you usually do, once there near the name of your user toit looks like a gear which are the adjustments or settings. You must click on it.
- When you click on it, you should go to a tab that says my account.
- When you are in my account, you must locate the section that says: deactivate account. Click on and ready your account will be deactivated.
Something you should keep in mind is that Discord allows you to disable the account for only 30 days, after those days. The account will be permanently deleted.
Is it possible to delete a Discord account from my mobile device?
If you want to delete Discord account through your mobile phone, so far you can’t do it this way. If you open the application, on your phone and click on the white lines that are in the upper left, and touch user settings.
Then in account, it will appear the deactivate account and delete options. But if you click on any of them, the only thing that will happen is that it will take you to a support page.
So if you want to delete an account, but through your mobile device you will have to submit a request with support. But this method is a bit more tedious So you don’t have so many inconveniences, do it through the Discord website.
What is the most effective method to permanently get rid of Discord?
If you are already decided for permanently deleting your Discord account here we will tell you what steps you must follow is very similar to the steps to deactivate. As we have said before, it is more complicated to do it from a mobile, since you have to contact support.
The steps to remove are as follows:
Open Discord on the computer
First of all, in order to permanently get rid of Discord, you must first open your Discord account from the web version with your username and password. If you do not remember the password, you also have the option to recover it.
Once inside the Discord interface, it is necessary to locate the part where the your username. Typically this is in the top left corner.
To enter the settings, you should know that this option is in the form of a gear. And you can place it next to the name; Once you locate it, you must click on it.
Access ‘My account’
Clicking on the gear As we have already said, they are the configurations, locate the my account section. Well, here inside are all the options to modify your account or delete it.
Edit and ‘Delete account’
Already in my account, the option to deactivate account and delete; click on delete. In this way, your account will have been completely deleted. This includes all your files and chats.
How can I know if my Discord account was deleted forever?
To find out if your Discord account has been deleted forever, you just have to enter the Discord website again and enter your username and password, if doing so does not open It is now final your account was deleted.