Creating a Discord server is very simple. It will only take a few minutes and the best thing is that you can do it completely free. Once you have your server ready, you can invite your friends, set permissions, and customize your text and voice channels. Follow our guide and you will learn in an instant how to how to create a server on Discord easily and quickly.
What is a Discord server?
basically a Discord server is a community that anyone can create, share and join friends who have a common interest. For example, you can create a Minecraft or Fornite server, which will help you get in touch with other people who play the same video game, chat, strategize, make jokes, play games and much more.
TE PUEDE INTERESAR: Cómo vincular Discord con tu PS4
How to create a Discord server
Whether you have the Discord app installed on Android or iPhone, are a desktop user, or use the web browser version, the steps for creating a Discord server are the same for each platform.
- open the Discord app and sign in.
- Once logged in, click on the symbol + which is located on the left side of the application.
- A window will appear with two options: Create a server and Join a server. In this case select Create a server.
- Now you’ll have to name your server. You can also click on the right side of the name to assign a featured image to the server. It is not required, if you do not assign an image, Discord will use the initials of your server name as the icon. Once the name and image are set, select the box that says Create. And voila, your server will be created!
- Finally, a link that you must share with others to grant them access to your server. If you have friends added to your friend list, an option to invite them immediately will also appear. If a person isn’t on your friends list, you’ll need their Discord username and tag.
- Close the window with the link to invite friends and you will now be in front of your server screen. In addition, its icon will appear on the left side of the screen, so you can access the next time you enter the application.
Set up roles on a Discord server
It’s safe to use the server as-is once you’ve created a Discord server if it’s just you and a few friends, but if you want to use your server with a larger audience or chat with people you can trust less, you can create roles. and permissions.
The roles on Discord give users specific permissions. For example, you can create a role for moderators and give them the ability to ban users and delete messages. Any user you assign to that role would inherit those permissions. You can also use roles to do something as simple as giving your friends a special rank and color.
Follow the steps below to create a role on Discord.
- Locate yourself in the part of the name of your server and display the options.
- select in Server Settings and then click roles.
- On the Roles page, you need to click the button + located next to the section roles.
- Assign a Name and a Colour to the role (they will appear in that color when sending messages in the text channel). Now scroll to the role settings and assign the general permissions that you think is convenient. For example, you can choose whether this role can kick other members, ban members, create invites, change, manage nicknames, etc. Once this is done, select Save Changes to set the created role.
- Once you have finished configuring the roles, you can assign users (server members) to those roles by right-clicking on their name and enabling the appropriate box in the “Roles” menu.
Organize the channels
Now you probably have to create channels. There are two types. Have text channels and voice channels. A text channel it can be viewed as a separate tab within your server and will save messages sent there for later viewing regardless of who is online.
A voice channel It is used to communicate with anyone who belongs to that same channel. You will need to leave a voice channel once you are done speaking by clicking the disconnect button at the bottom of the left side panel.
- To create a new channel, select the button + under each channel section.
- Give it a name and choose whether it should be a text or voice channel. Channel names cannot contain spaces (typing a space just creates a hyphen) or uppercase letters.
Hopefully this article will help you how create a Discord server. Do you need more help? Leave a comment in the section below and we will try to help.