Discord is a platform where you can create chat groups for different games; This platform has the ability to create its own servers that allow linking videos, texts and voice with different applications.
In her you can talk to other people and play at the same time with voice chat features; another function that is widely used is to place bots in discor so that they play music. Which creates a better atmosphere and thus enjoy to the fullest with your friends. Discord is very similar to Skype or TeamSpeak, but it includes other features that are more professional.
Steps to change the profile picture of your account
From the cellphone
- Sign in to your Discord account, do Click on the gear called “User Settings”it’s at the bottom of your screen.
- Next select the option “My account”, click on “edit”
- Carrying out the previous action will show you your avatar, you must select said avatar to change your profile picture.
- Select the image you want to place on your profile.
- If you want to crop it, select the “Crop” option to adjust.
- Click on the “Upload” option.
- To end Click on the “Save” option for the changes to take effect.
It is important to note that this procedure can be applied to both Android and iPhone devices.
on a PC
- Open Discord on your server, check that there is no active profile picture.
- Click on “User Settings” which is at the bottom.
- In the sale that was opened you must select the option “My account” there you must select the option “upload avatar.”
- Choose the image you want for your Discord profile.
- Click “Open” to add the image, now click on the photo and Click on the option “Change avatar”
- Then you select the desired image and apply the changes.
- Finally, click on “Save changes” and ready your image will have been changed.
Where can a Discord server’s photo be updated?
If you are a server administrator, updating your profile picture is something that needs to be done from time to time. For this you must search for an image usually 512×512 that adapts to the content that is published within the chat and channels. Once this is done, save it to your computer and follow these steps:
- Open the Discord app and find the server where you are administrator.
- Click on the arrow to the right of your server name.
- Then select server settings.
- Click on upload an image and choose the one you have saved on your computer.
- Adjust it on the bar if you wish and click apply.
- Finally Select save changes.
How to put a custom status on Discord?
A state in Discord, are small sentences which are accompanied by an emoji; you can customize your status and thus let your friends know what you are doing or playing at that moment.
Here we will explain how you can customize a status on Discord from different devices.
Customize a status from PC
- You must do click on your profile picture which is located in the lower left part of the application, and then to set a custom state.
- Click on an emoji to add it to your custom status.
- Write what you want to appear and click “Delete after”, do this to choose when you want it to disappear.
Customize a status from iOS or Android:
- You must click on your user icon, which is located in the lower right part of the application, and then go to the status setting.
- You have to give set state.
- once here, select set a custom status.
- Write the message you want to appear and press an emoji to add it.
- Choose when you want it to disappear.
- Click on Save and ready.
Can a GIF image be used for a profile picture?
Yes, GIFs can be used as an option when changing your profile picture on Discord, this option can only be used by purchasing Discord Nitro. When your contacts check your profile they will see your photo with movement. To be able to place a GIF on your profile, follow these steps:
- Search for the GIF that you like the most and save it on your computer or on your mobile.
- Enter EzGIF to fix GIF size and click “Resize.”
- Then, click on “select file” look for the GIF either on your computer or mobile, click on “Upload”.
- When the GIF fully loads, type 100 in both “Width” as well as “Heigth; doing this you will reduce the size of the GIF to the size that Discord allows.
- Now click on “Resize image”
- When your GIF is resized, locate the GIF, press it and several options will appear, you must choose “Save image as.”
- Pick a name, then make sure it is saved in the “GIF image” format now select the “Save” option.
- Login to the Discord app, now go to “User Settings” then click on “Edit”.
- Select the “Change avatar” option.
- Finally locate the GIF you saved and select “Open”; after this click on “Save” for the changes to be saved.