Find out in this tutorial how to add friends on discord through two simple and quick methods.
How to add friends on discord
There are two ways to add a friend on Discord: via search tool or by user profile.
1. Using the search tool
- Open Discord and click on the option Friends;
- Click on the button Add friend;
- In the search field, enter the DiscordTag of the user, and click on the button send friend request.
The DiscordTag is made up of the username, the character # and a sequence of four numbers, generated by Discord. For example, So-and-so#1234.
For this method to work, it is mandatory know the user’s DiscordTag that you want to add as a friend.
2. Through the user profile
If you are part of a server with several other users, and you want to add one of them to your friends list, the easiest way is to do it directly through his profile.
- Right-click on a Discord user’s avatar, then click Profile;
- Click on the button send friend request.
You can also right-click on the avatar, and then click Add friend. The result is the same.
Whichever method you choose to add a contact to your friends, the order needs to be approved by the user, and only then will it appear in your list. The feature offers some advantages, such as managing which servers you access in common, and making contact between people much easier.