After creating an account on Discord, it is very important to consider security. Given this, we recommend enable 2FA authentication on Discord and change the password to a stronger and more secure one. Both processes are shown below.
How important is it to enable two-factor authentication on Discord?
Our accounts in various applications are of vital importance for our day to day life, which is why it is very important to protect ourselves with security measures such as two factor authentication and other alternatives to keep our information backed up
Two-step authentication is a new security proposal, which has worked very well between the different platforms and its importance lies in the fact that it is one of the best methods to protect our accounts. As its name indicates, this function will carry out two user identification processes, normally the platform requires entering the password and then it will carry out a verification with our mobile devices,
What are the steps to modify Discord password and make it more secure?
In the event that you have a weak password, it is best to change it. We recommend choosing a strong password, containing numbers, special symbols, uppercase and lowercase letters. Think carefully about the password you are going to use, after that you can start the process to change it in Discord.
- To change your password, first start the Discord app.
- Sign in to your account.
- Once inside the application, click on the gear-shaped icon that is located below and to the left.
- Go to the ‘My account’ section and go to ‘Password without authentication’.
- To continue, just click on ‘Change password’.
- The menu to change your password will be displayed, simply provide the current password and indicate the new one.
- Once you have finished, click on ‘Done’ and the password will be changed accordingly.
How can you improve the security of your account by activating 2FA?
Two-factor authentication or 2FA is one of the best options to improve the security of our accounts after installing the Discord application. Activating it is very difficult for someone to access our account Discord or any other platform where we use this security model.
The advantage of this function is that every time a new device is started, in addition to the password, the platform will ask for an extra code or verification, which is usually affiliated with our mobile device. Clearly this greatly expands the securitysince access to our cell phone is required for the purpose of accessing our Discord account.
What steps should be followed to activate 2FA on your Discord account?
In the case of suffering some type of hack or violation of your privacy, there are some measures to improve the security of your account. In fact, before deleting your Discord account to create a new one, it is best to improve the security of the account you had before. using two-step authenticationoption that you can activate in the following way.
- The first thing you need to do is open the Discord app.
- Make sure you log in to your account, once you have successfully launched the application, click on the gear icon at the bottom.
- The options menu will be displayed, make sure you enter the ‘My account’ section.
- Within ‘My account’ you must go down until you find the ‘Two-factor authentication’ section.
- press on ‘Enable two-factor authentication’.
- The system will ask you to enter the account password.
- After the above, you must download the Authy or Google Authenticator application on your mobile device, we recommend the Google option.
- Once you have downloaded the application, you will have two ways to link the authentication platform with Discord, the first one is by scanning the barcode, or directly entering with a specific password.
- In the case of the barcode, simply tap on the barcode option and scan the QR code that appears in the Discord app.
- The above will generate a six-digit code, enter this code in Discord and click on the ‘Activate’ option.
In any case, after activating the previous security measure, it is important that you manage the verification codes in two steps. These codes are extremely relevant in the event that you can’t access your account using the two-factor authentication feature.